Tuesday, May 19th, 2026

Coronavirus: 50 Nepalis leaving for South Korea thru EPS forced to wait



KATHMANDU: Some 50 Nepalis preparing to leave for South Korea through Employment Permit System (EPS) have been forced to wait till March.

They were forced to wait till the third week of March after coronavirus started spreading at an alarming rate in South Korea.

According to EPS, Korea Chief Krishna Khanal, the group was set to leave for South Korea on March 2.

South Korea reported 123 new confirmed coronavirus cases and a fourth death from the virus, taking the national tally to 556, the Korea Centers for Disease and Control and Prevention (KCDC) said on Sunday.

More than half the additional cases were found to be linked to a church in the southeastern city of Daegu after a 61-year-old woman known as “Patient 31” who attended services there tested positive for the virus last week, KCDC said in a statement.

Publish Date : 23 February 2020 13:53 PM

Today’s News in a Nutshell

KATHMANDU: Khabarhub brings you a glimpse of major developments of

Traffic police penalize 13,090 drivers in Kathmandu Valley in one week

KATHMANDU: The Kathmandu Valley Traffic Police Office has taken action

Border dispute between Bajura and Humla turns violent; five injured including police

KATHMANDU: A dispute along the Bajura–Humla border escalated into a

Changunarayan to become country’s first ‘Yoga Municipality’

BHAKTAPUR: The historic town of Changunarayan, located on a hill

Ministry forms 15-member task force to manage human–wildlife conflict

KATHMANDU: The Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock Development and Environment has