Tuesday, May 19th, 2026

Coronavirus scare: Nepalis in South Korea requested to adopt caution



KATHMANDU: The Nepali Embassy in South Korea has requested Nepalis to be safe from contracting coronavirus.

Issuing a statement, the Embassy stated that coronavirus is spreading at an alarming rate in the country and requested Nepalis there to be safe from the disease by adopting measures disseminated by the Korean government and health agencies.

The Embassy has asked Nepalis in capital Seoul and Daegu to adopt an extra caution where many Nepali are employed as workers.

South Korea reported 123 new confirmed coronavirus cases and a fourth death from the virus, taking the national tally to 556, the Korea Centers for Disease and Control and Prevention (KCDC) said on Sunday.

More than half the additional cases were found to be linked to a church in the southeastern city of Daegu after a 61-year-old woman known as “Patient 31” who attended services there tested positive for the virus last week, KCDC said in a statement.

The coronavirus originated in China and has spread to more than two dozen countries. China has reported 75,569 cases to the World Health Organization and 2,239 deaths.

Publish Date : 23 February 2020 12:38 PM

Today’s News in a Nutshell

KATHMANDU: Khabarhub brings you a glimpse of major developments of

Traffic police penalize 13,090 drivers in Kathmandu Valley in one week

KATHMANDU: The Kathmandu Valley Traffic Police Office has taken action

Border dispute between Bajura and Humla turns violent; five injured including police

KATHMANDU: A dispute along the Bajura–Humla border escalated into a

Changunarayan to become country’s first ‘Yoga Municipality’

BHAKTAPUR: The historic town of Changunarayan, located on a hill

Ministry forms 15-member task force to manage human–wildlife conflict

KATHMANDU: The Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock Development and Environment has