Wednesday, February 18th, 2026

Neymar rape case dropped due to lack of evidence



AGENCIES: Neymar heaved a sigh of relief after a rape case filed against Brazilian football player has been dropped.

The case was suspended due to a lack of evidence, but will be sent to prosecutors for a final decision, investigating officials said.

The investigation was opened after Brazilian model Najila Trindade alleged the footballer attacked her in a hotel in Paris, France, in May.

Neymar has denied the accusations, saying he is being extorted.

The case has gripped Brazil, where it has dominated newspaper headlines.

It first came to light in June, when the Paris St-Germain star released a seven minute video on Instagram revealing that he had been accused of rape. He also published Whatsapp messages and images that he claimed to be of the woman.

In the video he says he had to make them public to “prove that nothing really happened”.

Publish Date : 30 July 2019 13:47 PM

Airee stars with the bat to help Nepal clinch impressive win in final T20 World Cup match

KATHMANDU: Nepal secured an impressive victory in their final match

Today’s News in a Nutshell

KATHMANDU: Khabarhub brings you a glimpse of major developments of

HISSAN vows to push for private education-friendly law to ensure investment security

KATHMANDU: The Higher Institution and Secondary School Association Nepal (HISSAN)

Election Commission cautions against pre-poll surveys and victory predictions

KATHMANDU: Acting Chief Election Commissioner Ram Prasad Bhandari has expressed

Dharmendra Bastola arrested over alleged anti-election activities

KATHMANDU: Police have arrested Dharmendra Bastola, General Secretary of the