Tuesday, February 17th, 2026

Prince Philip gives up driving license after crash



LONDON: Prince Philip, husband of Queen Elizabeth, has voluntarily given up his driving license after a crash last month, Buckingham Palace said.

According to Reuters, Philip, 97, escaped without injury on January 17 when the Land Rover he was driving flipped in a collision with a car in eastern England.

In a statement, the Royal Palace said that the Duke of Edinburgh has taken the decision to voluntarily surrender his driving license after careful consideration.

Philip also received a warning from police for driving without a seat belt two days after the crash, according to the report.

Britain has no legal age to stop driving. However, drivers over 70 have to renew their licenses every three years. (Agencies)

Publish Date : 10 February 2019 15:33 PM

UML releases 42-point manifesto for Oli in Jhapa-5

JHAPA: KP Sharma Oli, chair of the UML, has unveiled

Man arrested for assaulting elderly pedestrian in Kathmandu

KATHMANDU: A man who assaulted an elderly pedestrian in frail

Durga Prasai remanded to four days in custody over election rumor case

KATHMANDU: Durga Prasai has been remanded to four days in

NEPSE continues downward trend, drops 20.75 points

KATHMANDU: The Nepal Stock Exchange (NEPSE) index continued its downward

Shekhar Koirala says he joined race to safeguard Constitution, ensure parliamentary supremacy

KATHMANDU: Nepali Congress leader Shekhar Koirala has said he has