Tuesday, May 19th, 2026

NRA CEO Gyawali claims 70 percent quake survivors receive third installment



PALPA: Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of National Reconstruction Authority (NRA) Sushil Gyawali said NRA would collect data of the earthquake-affected families who received grants for private house reconstruction but not made any progress to that end.

He further said NRA has started maintaining all disaggregated data which makes it easier to know the progress details of the reconstruction of an individual house.

The NRA has so far distributed the third installment of a grant to around 70 percent quake-affected households across the country. He shared that around 62 percent of quake survivors have started residing in the new private houses.

At a press conference organized by the Federation of Nepali Journalists (FNJ) Palpa chapter on Monday, CEO Gyawali said over 52 percent of earthquake survivors received payment of the second installment.

The reconstruction of quake-damaged health facilities, schools, and historical heritages is gaining momentum, Gyawali added.

He claimed that the NRA has made substantial progress in reconstruction in a short span of time.

He informed that 348 rooms of 114 earthquake-damaged schools in Palpa are being constructed in a speedy manner.

Publish Date : 18 February 2020 11:05 AM

Today’s News in a Nutshell

KATHMANDU: Khabarhub brings you a glimpse of major developments of

Traffic police penalize 13,090 drivers in Kathmandu Valley in one week

KATHMANDU: The Kathmandu Valley Traffic Police Office has taken action

Border dispute between Bajura and Humla turns violent; five injured including police

KATHMANDU: A dispute along the Bajura–Humla border escalated into a

Changunarayan to become country’s first ‘Yoga Municipality’

BHAKTAPUR: The historic town of Changunarayan, located on a hill

Ministry forms 15-member task force to manage human–wildlife conflict

KATHMANDU: The Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock Development and Environment has