Thursday, February 19th, 2026

North Korea dubs Madrid embassy raid a ‘terror attack’



SEOUL: North Korea has dubbed a break-in at its embassy in Spain last month as a “grave terrorist attack”, reports said.

Releasing its first official comment, Pyongyang has called for an investigation saying it was closely watching rumors that the FBI had played a role.

A group committed to ousting North Korean leader Kim Jong-un, the Cheollima Civil Defense, on Wednesday said, it carried out the raid.

The group said it took computers and data and gave its evidence to the FBI.

The North Korea, however, stopped short of blaming Washington directly for the raid. It has asked the Spanish authorities to conduct the investigation in a responsible manner. (Agencies)

Publish Date : 31 March 2019 12:10 PM

Kathmandu Police urge public not to spread misleading content using AI

KATHMANDU: The District Police Range Kathmandu has urged the public

Gold, silver prices rise

KATHMANDU: Gold and silver prices have increased in the Nepali

UML to unveil election manifesto today

KATHMANDU: The UML is set to unveil its election manifesto

Two dead, two injured in triple motorcycle collision in Sarlahi

SARLAHI: Two youths were killed and two others injured after

Firewall without borders: China’s draft cybercrime law signals expansive police control

China’s Ministry of Public Security (MPS) has triggered intense debate