Thursday, August 20th, 2026

Over 300 public vehicles leave the valley from New Bus Park



KATHMANDU: More than 300 public vehicles have left the Kathmandu Valley from the New Bus Park in Gongabu. Public transport, which had been suspended for five days due to the Gen-Z protests, resumed operations today, allowing these vehicles to depart.

Sunil Kunwar, general manager of Lotse Multipurpose Pvt. Ltd., which operates the New Bus Park, said that over 300 vehicles carrying passengers left the bus park this morning.

“Due to the Gen-Z protests on September 8 and 9, transport was suspended, leaving many passengers stranded in Kathmandu. Today, with the partial lifting of the curfew, public transport resumed, allowing passengers to reach their destinations,” he said.

He added that with Dashain approaching, passenger traffic at the bus park has begun to increase compared to other times. However, advance ticket booking for this year’s Dashain festival could not be opened yet due to the Gen-Z protests.

Publish Date : 13 September 2025 21:25 PM

Gagan Thapa holds key to NC’s fate: Ramesh Lekhak

KATHMANDU: As the dispute within the Nepali Congress (NC) intensifies,

15 people arrested with suspected illegal drugs

KATHMANDU: Police have arrested 15 people in separate incidents involving

Russian missile strikes on Kyiv kill at least eight

KYIV: At least eight people have been killed and 33 others

Two arrested with 660 kg of marijuana

KATHMANDU: Police have arrested two people in possession of 660

RSP forms 15-member task force to amend Parliamentary Party statute

KATHMANDU: The Rastriya Swatantra Party (RSP) has formed a 15-member