Tuesday, February 17th, 2026

Six injured in a clash between Chinese contractors and laborers



NAWALPARASI: Six people have been injured in a scuffle between the Chinese contractors and workers at the Rajahar-based site office of Narayanghat-Butwal Road Project on Wednesday afternoon.

According to Nawalparasi police sources, six people were found injured in a clash between the contractors and the laborers working on a road expansion project in Rajahar.

Nepali workers there have accused the Chinese side of physically assaulting them during the dialogue.

“They called us to the site office saying they want to settle the dispute through dialogue, however, once we were there for the dialogue, they attacked,” one of the Nepali workers there said.

SP Prakash Malla also confirmed the news of the scuffle and said that six injured were sent to the hospital.

The police said they have been seeking the help of the interpreter to find the comment of the Chinese contractors.

“Nepali workers here have accused the Chinese contractors of the physical assault, however, we have not got much idea about what the Chinese side says in clarification,” SP Malla said, “We are trying to get an interpreter to help us interpret the Chinese.”

The injured are out of danger now, the police said.

Publish Date : 24 March 2021 18:16 PM

KP Oli to unveil election commitment letter in Jhapa-5 today

KATHMANDU: Chair of the CPN-UML and candidate from Jhapa-5, KP

Gold price drops by Rs 900 per tola, silver gains Rs 25

KATHMANDU: The price of gold declined in the domestic market

976 crime cases registered in Kathmandu in the last month

KATHMANDU: A total of 976 crime cases were registered in

Traditional farewell ceremony held for Naga Babas at Pashupatinath

KATHMANDU: Naga Babas and other sadhus who arrived at Pashupatinath

Nepal face Scotland in final ICC T20 World Cup 2026 group match

KATHMANDU: Nepal, placed in Group ‘C’ of the ICC Men’s