Tuesday, May 19th, 2026

COVID-19: High alert in Kapilvastu



KAPILVASTU: With the increase in the number of COVID-19 infected persons in the district, authorities have adopted high alertness to prevent the alarming outbreak in Kapilvastu.

All local levels in Kapilvastu have placed high alertness after District-based Disaster Management Committee urged people not to come out from their houses except for emergency purposes.

Coronavirus has been confirmed among 40 people so far in eight out of 10 local levels in the district.

Chief District Officer Dirgha Narayan Poudel informed that coronavirus has not been seen in Shibaraj and Maharajgunj municipalities of the district.

He said movement of individuals and vehicles except for essential services has been completely prohibited.

A total of 4,426 people are in quarantines in the district and swab tests of 593 people have been carried out in the district so far.

Chairperson of Yashodhara rural municipality, Girjesh Pandey, said Khoriya village has been sealed off after 12 people of the village tested positive for COVID-19 infection.

Mayor of Kapilvastu municipality Kiran Singh shared that those entering the Kapilvastu municipality would be kept under surveillance and movement has been completely restricted.

Publish Date : 15 May 2020 22:27 PM

Manoj Kumar Sharma appears before parliamentary hearing committee for Chief Justice hearing

KATHMANDU: Dr. Manoj Kumar Sharma, who has been recommended for

Govt asked to clarify position on Pathibhara Cable Car Project

KATHMANDU: CPN-UML lawmaker Kshitij Thebe has drawn the government’s attention

House meeting adjourned for 15 minutes after MPs demand Finance Minister’s presence

KATHMANDU: Today’s meeting of the House of Representatives was adjourned

Deuba-led NC faction opens liaison office in Anamnagar

KATHMANDU: The dissident faction of the Nepali Congress (NC) has

Labour Ministry introduces new code of conduct for employees

KATHMANDU: The Ministry of Youth, Labour and Employment has implemented