Tuesday, May 19th, 2026

Prohibitory order issued in Parsa, Bara and Rupandehi

NA deployed in Parsa for enforcement



KATHMANDU: Bara, Parsa and Rupandehi districts have issued prohibitory orders to stem the spread of coronavirus after a surge in the number of infected people.

Parsa has taken a decision to deploy the Nepal Army (NA) personnel in the district to enforce the prohibitory order issued.

The decision was taken after the district that had 64 cases so far registered 39 new cases in a single day on Tuesday.

A prohibitory order has been issued in the district from 8 pm tonight and it has been decided to deploy NA in the areas where there are many infections and high-risk areas to prevent and control the COVID-19 outbreaks and maintain law and order in the district, according to District Administration Office, Parsa.

The administration has decided to close all shops, industries, businesses and services except health, drinking water, milk, electricity, fire brigade, communication, customs, ICP, quarantine, waste management, fuel, ambulance and medicine during the period.

Meanwhile, a prohibitory order has also been issued in Bara district following a surge in the number of people infected with the coronavirus.

A meeting of the District-Level Crisis Management Center on Tuesday decided to issue the order in the district to prevent the spread of the coronavirus.

Chief District Officer Rudra Prasad Pandit said that the order has been issued to shut down all services except the essential ones.

Also, the public is not allowed to go out of the house, said CDO Pandit.

Lately, the rate of coronavirus infection has been increasing in Bara and other districts including Parsa of Province 2.

On Tuesday alone, another 40 people were confirmed infected with the coronavirus in Bara and Parsa districts.

Likewise, prohibitory order has been issued in seven local levels of Rupandehi bordering India until May 18 after 16 corona infections were found in the district on Monday and Tuesday.

A meeting of the District Security Committee and local level chiefs on Tuesday has tightened the border areas of Lumbini Cultural Municipality, Sammarimai Rural Municipality, Marchwari Rural Municipality, Kothamai Rural Municipality, Mayadevi Rural Municipality, Siddharthnagar Municipality and Rohini Rural Municipality.

Janak Thapa, Information Officer at the District Administration Office, Rupandehi, informed that it has been decided to stop the movement in the local level areas south of the district’s postal highway till May 18.

All the 16 people confirmed in Rupandehi are from the Marchwar and Lumbini border areas and had sneaked into Nepal during the lockdown.

Publish Date : 12 May 2020 20:53 PM

Cabinet meeting begins at Singha Durbar

KATHMANDU: A Cabinet meeting has begun at Singha Durbar shortly

Court remands Durga Prasai to custody for 3 days

KATHMANDU: Police have obtained a three-day remand against medical entrepreneur

Govt’s outstanding revenue dues surpass Rs 275 billion: Auditor General

KATHMANDU: The government’s outstanding revenue dues have crossed Rs 275

Parliamentary hearing committee unanimously endorses Manoj Kumar Sharma as Chief Justice

KATHMANDU: The Parliamentary Hearing Committee has unanimously endorsed the name

Auditor General flags transfer and misuse of Nepal Trust land

KATHMANDU: The Office of the Auditor General has raised serious