Wednesday, May 20th, 2026

Evacuation of Nepalis from Wuhan delayed as govt fails to meet WHO standards



KATHMANDU: Minister for Foreign Affairs Pradeep Gyawali on Friday said that the implementation of the government’s decision to evacuate Nepalis from China’s Hubei province was delayed as the government did not meet standards stipulated by the World Health Organization about their quarantine.

The government had last week decided to evacuate the Nepali from Wuhan of China in a bid to protect them from the novel coronavirus infection.

Talking to the family members of the Nepali students currently in Wuhan on Friday, Minister Gyawali said that the government was making preparations to evacuate them.

Minister Gyawali, however, said that he was not in a position to say an exact date of their evacuation.

According to him, the government needs to prepare isolation wards and health professionals to attend the evacuated Nepalis before bringing them to Nepal.

Publish Date : 07 February 2020 17:53 PM

Today’s News in a Nutshell

KATHMANDU: Khabarhub brings you a glimpse of major developments of

Traffic police penalize 13,090 drivers in Kathmandu Valley in one week

KATHMANDU: The Kathmandu Valley Traffic Police Office has taken action

Border dispute between Bajura and Humla turns violent; five injured including police

KATHMANDU: A dispute along the Bajura–Humla border escalated into a

Changunarayan to become country’s first ‘Yoga Municipality’

BHAKTAPUR: The historic town of Changunarayan, located on a hill

Ministry forms 15-member task force to manage human–wildlife conflict

KATHMANDU: The Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock Development and Environment has