Monday, August 24th, 2026

Sankata FC urges immediate resolution of foreign player work permits to restart league



KATHMANDU: Sankata Football Club has requested the National Sports Council (NSC) and All Nepal Football Association (ANFA) to immediately resolve issues related to foreign players’ work permits so that the temporarily suspended leagues can resume.

At a press conference on Monday in Kathmandu, the club highlighted that the current situation has put their significant investment at financial risk due to limited resources and ongoing uncertainty. The club expressed concern over reports that the national league and women’s football league were suspended because some foreign players were playing on tourist visas without proper work permits.

Club president Indraman Tuladhar stated that all foreign players had been properly contracted in accordance with competition regulations. He said the dispute between NSC and ANFA is affecting the entire Nepali football ecosystem.

Tuladhar also confirmed that the club submitted all required documents to ANFA for work permit approval before the start of competitions, in line with ANFA’s circular on foreign player participation.

Sankata FC has demanded that foreign player work permits be issued immediately and has requested financial compensation if the competitions remain suspended for an extended period.

Publish Date : 23 March 2026 18:26 PM

Today’s News in a Nutshell

KATHMANDU: Khabarhub brings you a glimpse of major developments of

Youth arrested with ‘shotgun’ looted during Gen-Z protest

BHADRAPUR: Police have arrested a 20-year-old man from Damak with

Body of youth missing after falling from Chipley waterfall found

KAILALI: The body of a youth who went missing after

Nepali climber opportunities should be prioritised: MP Sherpa

KATHMANDU: MP Mingma Gyabu Sherpa has called on the government

All criminal incidents remain in police’s ‘institutional memory’: IGP Karki

KATHMANDU: Inspector General of Police Dan Bahadur Karki has said