Wednesday, August 19th, 2026

Students who failed all subjects in SEE also allowed to retake exams



KATHMANDU: In a significant policy shift, the Ministry of Education, Science, and Technology has announced that students who failed all subjects in the Secondary Education Examination (SEE) will now be allowed to retake the exams.

This decision aims to provide a second chance for a substantial number of students who were previously unable to progress to Grade 11 due to their non-graded status in multiple subjects.

Previously only students non-graded in up to two subjects to participate in grade increment examinations.

According to the results of the SEE published by the National Examination Board on Thursday, a total of 242,313 students were categorized as non-graded which is 52.13 percent of the total number of students attending the exam.

Of these, 67,896 students were non-graded in one subject, 47,938 in two subjects, and the rest in more than two subjects.

Publish Date : 28 June 2024 19:48 PM

Today’s news in nutshell

KATHMANDU: Khabarhub brings you a glimpse of major developments of

Passport Bill will make passport management process compatible to international standards: Minister Khanal

KATHMANDU: Minister for Foreign Affairs, Shisir Khanal, has said the

Nepali Congress calls for commission to recommend constitutional amendments

KATHMANDU: The Nepali Congress has called for the formation of

Gagan Thapa says he is in regular talks with dissatisfied leaders

KATHMANDU: Nepali Congress President Gagan Thapa has said he is

Former President Bidya Devi Bhandari visits protesting cooperative and microfinance victims

KATHMANDU: Former President Bidya Devi Bhandari visited cooperative and microfinance