No shortage of chemical fertilizers in Madhesh this year « Khabarhub
Sunday, July 21st, 2024

No shortage of chemical fertilizers in Madhesh this year


11 July 2024  

Time taken to read : 2 Minute


  • A
  • A
  • A

BIRGUNJ: Madhesh Province, which often faces a shortage of chemical fertilizers during cultivation, is not experiencing this problem this year.

The Salt Trading Corporation Ltd. and the Agriculture Inputs Company have confirmed that they have adequate stock of chemical fertilizers to meet farmers’ needs.

The Agriculture Inputs Company handles 70 percent of the distribution, while the Salt Trading Corporation covers the remaining 30 percent.

These companies supply chemical fertilizers based on local quotas, which consider the area of arable land, past consumption records, and crop intensity.

Province Office Chief of Salt Trading Corporation, Amoj Lamichhane, assured that farmers will not face any fertilizer shortages this year.

“This year, we have distributed 8,845.15 tonnes more chemical fertilizer than during the same period last year, so it will meet the demand,” he stated.

The Office has provided a total of 52,652.35 metric tonnes of chemical fertilizers (urea, DAP, and potassium) to eight districts in Madhesh Province till Asar 24 of this fiscal year.

The highest demand is for urea (27,614 metric tonnes), followed by DAP (23,687 metric tonnes) and potassium (13,061.50 metric tonnes).

In the same period last year, a total of 43,807 metric tonnes of chemical fertilizers was supplied to the eight districts of Madhesh Province.

The fertilizers are distributed to 1,270 wards via 1,029 dealers.

Of the total chemical fertilizer purchased for the country, Madhesh Province alone accounts for 26.50 percent.

Similarly, Koshi Province receives 21.5 percent, Lumbini Province 20.6 percent, Bagmati Province 14.80 percent, Sudurpaschim Province 9.70 percent, and Karnali Province two percent of the total chemical fertilizer.

Publish Date : 11 July 2024 11:08 AM

Bagmati CM Jamkattel steps down

HETAUDA: Bagmati Province Chief Minister (CM) Shalikram Jamkattel has announced

PM Oli unveils seven-point agreement between Nepali Congress and CPN-UML

KATHMANDU: On Sunday, Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli unveiled a

PM Oli announces export roadmap within three months to address trade deficit

KATHMANDU: Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli has announced plans to

PM Oli vows to crack down on corruption and address cooperative fraud

KATHMANDU: Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli has pledged that the

RSP warns against unfounded accusations toward Deputy Speaker

KATHMANDU: Rastriya Swatantra Party (RSP) has cautioned against leveling unfounded