Wednesday, August 19th, 2026

School employees decide to withdraw protest



KATHMANDU: Nepal School Employees Council has withdrawn its protest programs and decided to sit for talks with the government.

The central committee of the council took the decision to this extent stating that the government has formally invited it for talks to discuss its demands.

The Ministry of Education, Science and Technology on Sunday invited the council for talks to discuss its demands.

Gangaram Tiwari, president of the council, said they have decided to withdraw the protest programs, including padlocking of community schools and sit for talks with the government. “We will now hold discussions on our demands with the concerned government officials,” Tiwari added.

The council had been launching protests for the past two weeks demanding, among others, a pay of Rs 36,730 per month for account assistants and Rs 26,210 per month for school assistants, and benefits for staffers who get retirement at the age of 60.

Publish Date : 29 August 2022 19:15 PM

Government moves to cut electricity tariffs amid VAT backlash

KATHMANDU: While Finance Minister Dr Swarnim Wagle introduced VAT on

Rabi responds to PM Shah’s ‘I am alone’ Facebook post: ‘He is also a lyricist’

KATHMANDU: Rastriya Swatantra Party (RSP) Chair Rabi Lamichhane has said

Balendra govt following Pakistani model, moving towards North Korean model: Badal

KATHMANDU: CPN-UML parliamentary party leader Ram Bahadur Thapa ‘Badal’ has

Rabi Lamichhane warns ministers and lawmakers against arrogance and undignified conduct

KATHMANDU:  Rastriya Swatantra Party (RSP) Chair Rabi Lamichhane has instructed

1,220-meter embankment constructed on Mahakali River

KANCHANPUR: A 1,220-meter concrete embankment has been constructed in Kanchanpur