Image for Representation
KATHMANDU: Two people have died of electric shock in in Morang and Jhapa districts.
According to District Police Office, Morang, 14-year-old Sandesh Dhimal has died from electrocution while pumping water from a water pump motor at Laldhondra village.
Originally from Belbari, Morang, Dhimal had gone to his maternal uncle’s house, said police.
He had sustained critical injuries while pumping water with the help of a motor to irrigate field belonging to his maternal uncle Mahendra Dhimal. Critically injured Sandesh died while being rushed to a hospital, said police.
Similarly, an octogenarian woman died from electric shock in Arjun Dhara-3, in Jhapa district on Thursday.
The deceased has been identified as 82-year-old Galmaya Khadka. She died of electrocution while pumping water in her house, according to police.