Tuesday, May 19th, 2026

Three new portals shut down over misleading info



KATHMANDU: Nepal Press Council (NPC), a media regulatory body in Nepal, has taken action against three news portals for publishing misleading news.

Issuing a press release on Friday, the NPC said it shut down three news portals so that no one can view its contents in Nepal for false and misleading information. Similarly, it has sought clarification from other three news digital portals for the same reason.

“Nepal Press Council has closed down three news portals and sought clarification against other three news websites for publishing false, misleading and fabricated news,” said the Council in a press statement issued on  Friday.

The Council has shut down 11 news portals and sought clarification against 26 digital portals so far, according to the press statement.

Meanwhile, the Council in the statement has urged all the media persons and social media users to exercise restraint and disseminate fact-based, positive and credible information for the betterment of the society.

Publish Date : 28 March 2020 11:41 AM

205 crime cases registered in Banke in one month

NEPALGUNJ: Police registered 205 cases of various crimes in Banke

Parliamentary hearing on proposed Chief Justice Sharma begins today

KATHMANDU: The parliamentary hearing on Dr. Manoj Kumar Sharma, recommended

Economic Digest: A Snapshot of Nepal’s Business News

KATHMANDU: Economic Digest presents a brief yet comprehensive roundup of

Kathmandu Valley sees cloudy skies, light rain possible today

KATHMANDU: The Kathmandu Valley has remained cloudy since this morning.

Camera traps installed in Myagdi to monitor endangered Red Pandas

MYAGDI: Automatic cameras have been installed in the Jaljala area