Monday, February 16th, 2026

‘4 among 135 Indian soldiers injured in Ladakh face-off critical’



KATHMANDU: India media reports have claimed that over 40 Chinese soldiers including a commanding officer were killed in the Ladakh face-off between China and India on Monday evening.

However, China has not officially reacted to it so far.

As many as 20 Indian soldiers including an army officer were killed and 135 other sustained injuries during a face-off between Indian and Chinese troops at the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in Ladakh’s Galwan Valley on Monday night, Indian media reports have said.

According to reports, the condition of two injured soldiers is said to be critical.

The fighting between the troops of two nuclear power countries that took place at an altitude 14,000 feet had lasted for three hours.

The soldiers had used stones, clubs, sharp weapons and rods to attack each other, international media reports have said.

It should be recalled that as many as 33 Indian soldiers had been killed in the China-India war in Galwan Valley in 1962.

(With inputs from Agencies)

Publish Date : 17 June 2020 14:40 PM

Some polling stations in Mustang over 100 km from headquarters

MUSTANG: Several polling stations set up for the March 5

Foreign currency exchange rates for today

KATHMANDU: Nepal Rastra Bank (NRB) has set the foreign exchange

Kathmandu’s minimum temperature falls for second consecutive day

KATHMANDU: The minimum temperature in Kathmandu has declined for the

HoR polls 17 days away: Official campaigning begins today

KATHMANDU: Formal campaigning for the election of members of the

Film ‘Pahad’ set for New Year release

KATHMANDU: The film ‘Pahad’, directed by veteran filmmaker Tulsi Ghimire,