Monday, February 16th, 2026

Casualties suffered on both sides in violent face-off in Galwan Valley: Indian Army



NEW DELHI: Army has amended its statement regarding the face-off took place between Indian and Chinese troops leading to the death of three Army personnel, saying that “casualties suffered on both sides” in “violent face-off” during de-escalation process with China in Galwan Valley, Ladakh.

According to the Indian Army, the face-off took place on Monday night. “The loss of lives on the Indian side includes an officer and two soldiers,” the Army said in a statement and added that senior military officials of the two sides are currently engaged in a meeting to defuse the situation.

After 1975 this is the first violent incident on the India-China border in which casualties have taken place, ANI reported.

Further details are awaited.

Earlier looking to resolve the dispute over Chinese military buildup, India and China were holding talks in Eastern Ladakh.

Army sources had said there has been disengagement between Indian and Chinese troops at more locations where they had been in standoff positions for the last many weeks now.

Sources had also said that after the June 6 talks between Military commanders followed by other rounds of talks, there has not been any considerable build-up activity by both sides and Chinese aggressive behavior has also been toned down, they said.

No incident of any face-off between the troops of the two sides has been reported after the talks started between the two armies, sources said.

Publish Date : 16 June 2020 18:27 PM

Some polling stations in Mustang over 100 km from headquarters

MUSTANG: Several polling stations set up for the March 5

Foreign currency exchange rates for today

KATHMANDU: Nepal Rastra Bank (NRB) has set the foreign exchange

Kathmandu’s minimum temperature falls for second consecutive day

KATHMANDU: The minimum temperature in Kathmandu has declined for the

HoR polls 17 days away: Official campaigning begins today

KATHMANDU: Formal campaigning for the election of members of the

Film ‘Pahad’ set for New Year release

KATHMANDU: The film ‘Pahad’, directed by veteran filmmaker Tulsi Ghimire,