Tuesday, May 19th, 2026

COVID-19 case not confirmed in Pokhara: Health Ministry



KATHMANDU: The Ministry of Health and Population on Friday said that the COVID-19 case has not been confirmed in Pokhara.

During a regular press briefing, Spokesperson at the Ministry Dr. Bikash Devkota refuted reports that a person has been diagnosed with COVID-19 at the Pokhara Academy of Health Sciences.

“No positive case has been found in Pokhara,” Spokesperson Dr. Devkota said, “Some samples need to be tested again for verification.”

Earlier, it was reported that a person who had recently returned from India has tested positive for COVID-19.

Gandaki Province Directorate of Health Services on its official website has put the total number of COVID-19 infected to seven which was later corrected to six.

120 COVID-19 suspects in isolation

According to Spokesperson Devkota, a total of 120 persons have been put in isolation at different hospitals across the country.

He said that 15 people have been put in isolation in Kathmandu Valley and 105 in different hospitals outside the Valley.

A total of 1,277 samples have been so far tested at the National Public Health Laboratory, he said.

Publish Date : 03 April 2020 17:09 PM

Rs 4.4 million in revenue collected through vehicle enforcement

GANDAKI: The District Traffic Office, Kaski, collected Rs 4.408 million

Who is writing the budget: PM Office or Finance Ministry?

KATHMANDU: With the upcoming fiscal year’s policy and programme already

NRB issues today’s foreign currency exchange rates

KATHMANDU: Nepal Rastra Bank (NRB) has published the foreign exchange

What you need to know about the Ebola outbreak that has the WHO concerned

The World Health Organization has declared the Ebola outbreak in

Today’s News in a Nutshell

KATHMANDU: Khabarhub brings you a glimpse of major developments of