KATHMANDU: The Ministry of Health and Population on Friday stated that two new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Nepal. With this, Nepal’s tally has reached 59.
Joint Spokesperson at the Ministry Dr. Samir Kumar Adhikari said that a 25-year-old man in Rupandehi and a 60-year-old man in Banke have been confirmed to be infected with the coronavirus.
They are under the supervision of health workers and their health condition is normal, Dr. Adhikari said.
A total of 16 patients have been discharged following successful treatment.
Spokesperson at the Ministry Dr. Bikash Devkota said that 12,577 samples were tested through Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) and 47,797 through Rapid Diagnostic Test (RDT) kits so far.
According to the Ministry, 5,089 in Province 1, 5,617 in Province 2, 8,494 in Bagmati, 5,411 in Gandaki, 4,035 in Province 5, 5,567 in Karnali and 13,584 in Far Western Province have been tested by RDT so far.
Out of the total infected, 43 are undergoing treatment at various hospitals while the remaining 16 have been discharged. A total of 94 people are in isolation, including five inside the Kathmandu Valley and 89 outside, according to the ministry.
There are currently 24,907 people in quarantine across the country.
A total of 2,877 in Province 1, 1,332 in Province 2, 538 in Bagmati, 708 in Gandaki, 12,163 in Province 5, 3,724 in Karnali and 3,565 in the Far West Province are currently in quarantine.