Thursday, August 20th, 2026

Gen-Z protest victims to be declared martyrs, families to receive Rs 1.5 million each



KATHMANDU: The interim government led by Sushila Karki has decided to provide Rs 1.5 million each to the families of those who lost their lives during the Gen-Z protests on September 08 and 09.

Monday’s Cabinet meeting decided to declare the deceased as martyrs and to conduct their funerals with national honors.

Home and Law Minister Om Prakash Aryal said the government has added Rs 500,000 to the existing Rs 1 million compensation previously allocated to families of victims, raising the total to Rs 1.5 million.

The government will also facilitate the transport of the bodies to their respective districts and municipalities, making helicopters and other means available for the process, Aryal said.

 

Publish Date : 15 September 2025 19:51 PM

Home Minister Gurung commends Lalitpur Metropolitan City’s public services

LALITPUR: Home Minister Sudan Gurung has praised the public service

Generally cloudy conditions expected across Nepal today

KATHMANDU: The country is likely to experience generally cloudy weather

Economic Digest: A Snapshot of Nepal’s Business News

KATHMANDU: Economic Digest presents a brief yet comprehensive roundup of

Nine parliamentary committees to meet today on legislative and oversight matters

KATHMANDU: Nine parliamentary committees under the Federal Parliament are scheduled

Prince Harry and Meghan plan return to UK

LONDON: Prince Harry and Meghan, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex,