BIRATNAGAR: Gagan Thapa has said any attempt by the government to cover up the incident that took place on September 9, 2025, would be unacceptable.
Speaking at a press meet organized at the Koirala Residence on Saturday, the Nepali Congress leader demanded that the government form a judicial commission to investigate the incident, in line with its earlier commitment.
Thapa also called for the public release of the report prepared by the National Human Rights Commission Nepal regarding the incidents of September 8 and 9, 2025, insisting that action should be taken against those found responsible based on the report’s findings.
He said there were reports that pressure had been exerted to stop the publication of the commission’s report and urged concerned parties not to engage in such activities.
Responding to a question from journalists, Thapa accused the government of attempting to control both the legislature and judiciary since its formation, calling such actions against democratic norms and practices.
He said the opposition would continue efforts to resist what he described as the government’s wrongdoings.
On a separate note, Thapa said he was ready to resolve differences and disagreements within the party through dialogue, considering the country’s current political situation and seriousness of the moment.
He added that he was positive about moving forward by accommodating all sides outside the party’s central committee, while urging leaders and members not to act beyond the party’s constitution and procedures.








Comment