Sunday, May 24th, 2026

Govt publishes verified list of Gen-Z protest injured



KATHMANDU: The government has finalized and made public the verified details of those injured during the Gen-Z protest, with the Ministry of Health and Population updating the list by adding 22 newly verified cases.

Dr. Prakash Budhathoki, Chief of the Health Emergency Operations Center, said that although around 250 names were initially received from various government bodies, only 22 have so far been officially verified and included in the final list under ministry standards.

He stated that the total number of reported injuries linked to the Gen-Z movement has reached 2,660 based on available records. “After the formation of the new government, we received names from the Office of the Prime Minister and Council of Ministers, the Ministry of Home Affairs, and other sources,” he said, adding that verification is conducted strictly based on medical records.

According to Dr. Budhathoki, the 22 newly confirmed cases were validated after hospitals submitted official treatment records when the protests took place. During the movement, 99 hospitals across the country provided treatment to the injured.

He further said that the verified list has been forwarded to the Ministry of Home Affairs. Those confirmed as injured are entitled to support measures including treatment assistance, study quotas, and employment-related provisions.

Publish Date : 01 May 2026 19:10 PM

Today’s News in a Nutshell

KATHMANDU: Khabarhub brings you a glimpse of major developments of

Shashank Koirala urges party unity, calls for inclusion of dissenting voices

KASKI: Nepali Congress leader Shashank Koirala has stressed the need

Mahottari issues 209 citizenship on mothers’ lineage in four months

JALESHWOR: Over the past four months, the District Administration Office, Mahottari,

Nepal defeats Kyrgyzstan in CAVA Women’s Volleyball

KATHMANDU: The Nepali national women’s volleyball team registered a dominant

Tiptala border point resumes operation after staff deployment

TAPLEJUNG: The Tiptala border checkpoint in Taplejung has resumed operation