Friday, August 21st, 2026

Participants told to leave as outside groups incite violence at Gen-Z protest



KATHMADU: Organizers of the Gen-Z protest have urged participants to withdraw following violent incidents during the demonstration near the Parliament building in New Baneshwor.

In a public appeal, Gen-Z Nepal stated that while Tuesday’s activities had been successfully carried out, other groups with vested interests had infiltrated the crowd, attempting to incite unrest. Participants were advised to return home safely to avoid being caught up in further disturbances.

“We have successfully achieved today’s objectives. Let’s now return home safely,” the statement said.

The organizers also called on all demonstrators to remain calm and avoid unnecessary confrontations or getting involved in chaotic situations.

Publish Date : 08 September 2025 13:37 PM

One killed, six injured in Jajarkot jeep accident

JAJARKOT: A 25-year-old man died and six others were injured when

Economic Digest: A Snapshot of Nepal’s Business News

KATHMANDU: Economic Digest presents a brief yet comprehensive roundup of

Landslides, flooding block highways amid heavy rainfall

KATHMANDU: Rain-triggered landslides, flooding and road erosion have affected transport

RSP holding Central Committee meeting today

KATHMANDU: The Rastriya Swatantra Party (RSP) is holding its central

Reconciliation now seems difficult: Ramesh Lekhak on NC rift

KATHMANDU: The Nepali Congress (NC) faces growing internal tensions as