KHOTANG: A bus carrying passengers caught fire all of a sudden which perished the vehicle and belongings of the passengers. However, no human casualties were reported.
The bus (Ba 3 Kha 8981) heading to Khotang district from Kathmandu with 32 passengers onboard caught the fire after the overheated engine sparked a flame, said the passengers.
As a result, the passengers, most of them heading to their homes for Dashain festival, were stranded midway, said the police.
Efforts were on to send the stranded passengers to their destinations in another bus, said Ram Kumar Hingmang, General Secretary for the Khotang Transport Pvt. Ltd.