Neymar rape case dropped due to lack of evidence « Khabarhub
Thursday, July 25th, 2024

Neymar rape case dropped due to lack of evidence


30 July 2019  

Time taken to read : < 1 Minute


  • A
  • A
  • A

AGENCIES: Neymar heaved a sigh of relief after a rape case filed against Brazilian football player has been dropped.

The case was suspended due to a lack of evidence, but will be sent to prosecutors for a final decision, investigating officials said.

The investigation was opened after Brazilian model Najila Trindade alleged the footballer attacked her in a hotel in Paris, France, in May.

Neymar has denied the accusations, saying he is being extorted.

The case has gripped Brazil, where it has dominated newspaper headlines.

It first came to light in June, when the Paris St-Germain star released a seven minute video on Instagram revealing that he had been accused of rape. He also published Whatsapp messages and images that he claimed to be of the woman.

In the video he says he had to make them public to “prove that nothing really happened”.

Publish Date : 30 July 2019 13:47 PM

Landslide blocks Pasang Lhamu Highway: Over 100 vehicles stranded at Rasuwagadhi

RASUWA: A landslide triggered by incessant rainfall on Wednesday night

Pilot of Saurya Airlines: “Aircraft could not ascend beyond 100 feet”

KATHMANDU: Pilot Manish Ratna Shakya, the sole survivor of the

Government prepares to appoint Bairagi as Nepal’s envoy to India

KATHMANDU: The government is preparing to appoint Shankar Das Bairagi,

World breaks hottest day record twice in a week

LONDON: The record for the world’s hottest day has tumbled

Nepali U-19 Women’s Volleyball Team returns home with third place finish (photos)

KATHMANDU: The Nepali U-19 Women’s Volleyball Team has returned home